Friday, January 06, 2012

Out and About

Upon waking, Ma & I went quite directly to HUKM to get my bloodwork done. I produced an embarassingly teeny amount of pee for the urine tests. A couple guys and myself helped lift and shift a car that was inconsiderately blocking another car, whose owner was an elderly woman - very distraught one. Then Ma & I went to Midah market where I had a late brekkie of poached chicken with white rice (it's a staple for me, it's safe). Mama bought salad stuff and collected about 10 kgs of chicken necks & heads and fish skins to boil with rice for Woofie and Happy.

I started driving back to Kepong, but on a whim decided to park near the Maharajalela Monorail Station and get to Sungei Wang Plaza for Nike Dri-Fit socks shopping. I couldn't find free streetside parking on the first pass and got absurdly lost for 30 minutes in Friday noontime traffic. Nuvi brought me to Stadium Merdeka where I had easily found parking previously, but she neglected to tell me that no parking is available when school is in session. I eventually found a place to park across the road from the Monorail Station, and paid RM1.60 to Bukit Bintang. I like this option. It beats driving and looking for parking in the Bukit Bintang area.

I wandered through the confusing maze that is Bukit Bintang Plaza + Sungei Wang Plaza, trying to find the Al-Ikhsan sports shop. (They've moved, but I tracked them down). Had an hour to kill before they re-opened (they close for Friday prayers), so I navigated myself over to the Lot 10 ground floor food court and fed myself some very good beef ball noodles minus the noodles.

The Nike socks are no ordinary Nike socks. Yip first recommended that I try Nike Drifit socks to keep blisters at bay. The very first pair I picked up were the best I've ever worn. They're Women's Performance Cushioned drifit size small (my size!) with 46% polyester, 36% cotton, and the remainder nylon and spandex. I've run in puddles, on muddy trails and had wet socks and feet, but nary a blister since then. I think they work great (haven't tried for runs lasting more than 3 hours though). Anyway, I haven't been able to find these socks anywhere in KL, or even on the internet. All these other Nike socks are mostly cotton, with less poly.

(Uhoh, it's pushing 11.30 pm and I'm not in bed yet!)

I stopped at Tesco to check out prices of their Mozarella cheese (for the Lims pizza party hosting next month), and ended up buying avocados on sale RM6 for three.



Then stopped at Giant Selayang Mall also to check out cheese prices. I bought some Ridsect. When I got home, I cleared out the car, and gassed it with the Ridsect. Hope that gets rid of that black ant colony in my car!

The avocado ended up in my dinner salad. It was soooo good.



 Then I had some popcorn for dessert. I use a teaspoonful of extra virgin organic coconut oil to pop 1/3 cup of popcorn. Then sprinkled over some sea salt. I sometimes don't digest popcorn or any corn well, and may feel tired the morning after. Let's see how this goes.


Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you. Please leave a comment!