Saturday, January 07, 2012

Templer's Park swim, FRIM run, P90X go go go!

I gotta wake up 5.15 am for the MPIB 12 km run tomorrow so will keep this post short.

This morning I had a sluggish start - it was close to 10 am when I finally dragged myself out of bed. Urine protein was negative though (good). Breakfast as usual, then started getting ready for FRIM run followed by swim at Templers. Dogpapi picked me up and we went to Bandar Baru Selayang to feed him since he hadn't had anything to eat yet. I had poached chicken and white rice. Then we went for our FRIM run. It turned out to be a run-walk affair lasting 6 km and nearly an hour. Poor guy hadn't run for months, and felt poorly halfway into it.

After he dropped me off, I got a call from Reza and ended up joining him and Lina at Templers. We did laps (he additionally did run-swim mini bricks), and analysed each others' Total Immersion swim. Then we refuelled at the Bukit Idaman food court. I always enjoy my time with Reza and wife. I'm just like, so motivated right now. But of course, he's a motivational guru! He can't help being a motivator right? :) I was very inspired by his 'Reach High' attitude. This guy did the Port Dickson International Triathlon Sprint in 2 hours 7 minutes last year. This year his resolution is to complete it in 1 hour 10 minutes! That's 15 minutes for the swim, 30 minute bike and 25 minute run. I was just hugely inspired by his attitude and guts, and passion. And I believe he's going to nail it.

While he's targetting improvement in his time for the same event, I'm aiming for longer distances - I just do what feels fun. The training intensity (intervals etc) needed to bring my 10 km time from 60 minutes to say 50 minutes is puke-inducing = not fun. It's more pleasurable spending longer and longer hours out on the trails. Still, he's given me something to think about 'i.e. if I could do 12 km in say 50 minutes, how would I feel?' .. wow.

I wrapped up the day's activities with a Kenpo P90X workout. Good stuff. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's run, though I hate getting up early. I don't want to aggravate my plantar fasciitis, but I'm not sure if I can hold myself back if I feel good and feel like going a little faster. Play it ear, ok? :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you. Please leave a comment!